Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Would I get harrassed if I drove to Cali?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hear about all the visual expections and the smog cops, etc. as well as how they can pull you over if your car is too loud. Well, I have a JRSC, I/H/E (loud ass Thermal Exhaust) and a crankcase breather filter. Now I'm assuming there's no way I'd be able to live in Cali with my setup and get by without paying a lot of fines.

    But what happens if I drive down there for a vacation? Can the cops do anything to me since I'm not a resident of Cali and since I have Minnesota plates?

    To what degree am I protected from California law by being an out of state resident?

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 1999
    Posts
    795
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't sweat it. You'll just blend in with all of the other riceboys running around here in cali. Besides, if you did get pulled over you can just tell the cop that you're visiting from out of state and the car is within regulations for your state.


    Marc

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SSBP's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 1999
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pigs here in California do not pull you over unless you are acting like a jack-ass.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member zip's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 1999
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just don't look like the stereotypical thug when driving your car. Keep it on the down low, especially in the bay area.

    [This message has been edited by zip (edited June 21, 2000).]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member code10-54's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 1999
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    avansih: whaz UP!--so ya coming down to cali huh? hey, foo yo azz will get rolled up on if ya roll yo heap down ta the bay wid that loud azz f--k'n exhaust!--believe that. cuz them ba-itchazz pigs gots decibal meters and smog vans ta pull yo azz over anytime and rail yo dumbazz up and down wid fines and lectures from the phat racist pigs! they look'n ta pull over punkazz that be front'n wid they rides and try'n ta street race too but, i'd been harassed and pulled over hella times cuz they don't think a blk. brutha should be drive'n a f--k'n import ba-itch ride. don't mean shitz if ya outty state...it'll stay wid yo azz when ya da next time ya reg. yo ride--cha-ching!

    peace.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There's no way Cali police can penalize me for not being within California code. I don't think that's the way the law works.

    I was just wondering how understanding they'd be.

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •